National Bullying Prevention Month
Though we at Academy with Community Partners are always focused on creating safe spaces for students, October draws special attention to the important issue of bullying. 1 in 5 students now report experiencing bullying behavior in school. It is a serious matter and has become one of the top reasons parents choose our online schooling option as they seek a more welcoming, kind environment for their kids.
Our online option:
- Removes the anxiety that can exist in the cafeteria, hallways or school restrooms.
- Provides an instructional environment where students can focus on learning.
- Allows parents to choose the social settings their children are exposed to.
- Most importantly, focuses on strengthening the voice of all students and families.
- Advisory sessions led by teachers and success coaches
- Lunch clubs and other online social opportunities supported by trusted staff members
- Mentor programs
- Ongoing family surveys to keep a pulse on your thoughts and opinions throughout the entire school year
October is a time to bring awareness to bullying prevention and raise everyone’s voice in this important conversation. It may also serve as a time to evaluate how your child is feeling at school and what options are available to you.
Together, we can create a kinder, more inclusive online environment.